Starting a Movement. Funding Research. Supporting Families.
- 8 Emmy® Awards for The Truth 365 Documentaries and short films.
- TIME® Magazine runs full-page ad for AWOCCF’s The Truth 365.
- Hosts CureFest, an annual event in Washington, DC, to help spread awareness and unify the childhood cancer community. This year over 250 childhood cancer foundations and groups were represented.
- Truth 365 videos have been viewed over 500 million times in several dozen countries.
- Daily educational Facebook posts are viewed over 2 million times per month.
FUNDING VITAL RESEARCH
The primary mission of Arms Wide Open is to fund less toxic therapies for children with cancer so they can have a better quality of life as they battle the disease.
Since its inception 10 years ago, AWOCCF has funded over 70 research grants, which has provided children with cancer alternative treatment options in hospitals throughout the US and Canada.
- Providing monthly grants to families suffering hardship due to their child’s cancer diagnosis.
- Hosts Helping Hands, a crowd-funding platform that allows childhood cancer families to raise funds without paying credit card and platform fees.
- Hosts Hope and Healing, a retreat weekend for bereaved families.
- Sponsoring the Women’s Integrative Wellness Night at the Ronald McDonald House NYC.
- Hosts an online workshop series for families who have lost a child to cancer that is facilitated by a licensed grief counselor.