Starting a Movement. Funding Research. Supporting Families.
STARTING A NATIONAL MOVEMENT
- Six Emmy®Awards for The Truth 365 Documentary.
- TIME® Magazine runs full-page ad for AWOCCF’s The Truth 365.
- Hosting Curefest, an annual event in Washington, DC, to help spread awareness and unify the childhood cancer community.
- Daily educational Facebook posts are viewed over 1 million times per month.
FUNDING VITAL RESEARCH The mission of Arms Wide Open is to fund less toxic therapies for children with cancer so they can have a better quality of life as they battle the disease. Since its inception 6 years ago, AWOCCF has provided nearly $3 million in funding for research. To date, AWOCCF has funded 35 research grants, which has provided children with cancer alternative treatment options in hospitals throughout the US and Canada.
- Partnering with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to host “First Steps Toward Healing: A Webinar Series.”
- Sponsoring the Women’s Integrative Wellness Night at the Ronald McDonald House NYC.
- Providing monthly grants to families suffering hardship due to their child’s cancer diagnosis.
- Launched Hope and Healing, a retreat weekend for bereaved families.
Arms Wide Open is the producer of the six-time Emmy Award-winning documentary and social media campaign “The Truth 365.” The full-length documentary and short films sparked pediatric research legislation that was signed into law by President Obama in May 2014. CNN’s Lisa Ling will host two films that will be released at the beginning of 2015.